Contact:

Contact: fiona.veikkanen@gmail.com

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Creature Comforts- we did it!

I did it.
No, WE did it.
With the help of my dear family and friends, somehow we managed to pull it off.
The term 'solo' show is not entirely apt- this exhibition is the result of so many helpers. It has never been me diligently working away by myself in a studio.  I make art at home and in the back yard. While watching telly or with a child on my lap- or at least tugging at my sleeve. I made pompoms with my sisters, husband, and son.  I asked for help when i couldn't possibly finish that quantity of french knitting in time. Friends and family have helped with the art making, the childminding, the art talk, the cooking, writing, taking photos, putting up with a messy house and scrambled eggs for dinner.
 I don't mind that I'm not the artist working solo in the studio, even if it means a thousand interruptions and art making mess covering the carpet.

I love that it has been OUR effort.

So, Thankyou.

I'm looking forward to sharing lots more photos soon, -for now take a look at the CCAS social pages for a few photos of the opening and a bit of banter.

The show continues until the 22nd April, I'll be here, and I'd love to share a cuppa with you.

1 comment: