Contact:

Contact: fiona.veikkanen@gmail.com

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Zebulon


Zebulon's Nook
You may have been wondering about the sudden shift of style and particularly free use of colour and texture in the display of art work in this one particular part of my recent show. Some people did. It must be known though that my darlingly enthusiastic three year old was the creator of this nook, and I might as well show him off here.
Picking the best ones
Zebulon always assumed he would be exhibiting in the exhibition without ever questioning the fact. He painted, drew, collaged, and made necklaces, often using scraps from whatever I was doing.  He worked so hard every day producing impressive outputs- almost putting me to shame! 
I could never have dashed his dreams by telling him 'it's actually my show darling' so I went with it. When we came to the gallery for the install Zebulon had opinions as to where his art would look best but soon was convinced about this particular spot being 'right near the doorway where every one will see it'.
Proud.
The day before the show closed he asked me if he had sold anything. When he learnt that he hadn't yet he determined it would be better to invite all his friends to our house the next day and sell them from the lounge room instead. 

1 comment: